Since the beginning of the 2017/2018 season, the Kurt Masur Academy has offered talented young musicians from Germany and abroad the opportunity to prepare for their future careers within a top orchestra steeped in tradition and to become acquainted with the special playing culture and sound ideal of the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra.
At the same time, they study in the four-semester Master's programme "Music with a focus on orchestral practice" at the Hochschule für Musik Carl Maria von Weber Dresden.
- The academy students receive individual instrumental tuition at the Carl Maria von Weber Academy of Music from musicians of the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra who usually teach there.
- They take part in the intensive rehearsals and concerts of the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra as well as, if possible, in the CD productions and international concert tours with up to 16 orchestra practice sessions per month.
- They are supervised by a mentor from the corresponding voice group of the Dresden Philharmonic.
- The academy members work on chamber music works under the guidance of orchestra members and perform them in special concerts of the Kurt Masur Academy.
- Audition training and workshops on music communication, moderation, contract law and copyright as well as marketing round off the training where possible.
Kurt Masur Academy
The training takes place in cooperation with the Hochschule für Musik Carl Maria von Weber Dresden in a four-semester, advanced master's programme with a focus on orchestral practice. Training salary 1.100 € (gross) per month, orchestral studies and up to 16 orchestral practical exercises per month with the Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra.
Please apply only after advertisement via:
Currently we do not have a current call for applications
Please direct questions to: email@example.com
More information about the Hochschule für Musik Carl Maria von Weber Dresden: